If you started in an entry-level role, you’ll likely have developed a lot of the skills and experience needed for the role, including:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others.
- Good English, numeracy and digital skills.
- The ability to think strategically.
- Good project management and organisational skills.
- Experience working in a social care or health role.
- An understanding of regulatory requirements.
Ideally, you’ll have care experience before you progress into a deputy manager role. It’s also recommended that you’ve completed Level 2 or 3 Adult Care qualifications or Apprenticeship Standards before progressing into management roles.